View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:10 PM
leighway

I mentioned this in the post for worst purchase but I'll repeat here, my BEST purchase actually best two purchases are the Martelli Round About cutting board..it's like a brooklyn revolver only 16 in. across...it's a dream when cutting out triangles especially. And I love the Martelli rotary cutter.

And then the prize-my Horn cutting and sewing table. I came across it at a quilt show and while it was no bargain, it was perfect for my needs and is big enough to both cut on one side and sew on the other with a sewing machine insert so I can push my machine down and out of the way if I need to spread a large piece of fabric out on the top. They no longer make the model or they made a smaller variation. I like/need the larger.

I just bought the clover clips and I'm going to be using them often. Turned the binding on a quilt and held it with the clips...it really was nice not to draw blood as I was sewing...no pins to stick me.
And speaking of pins...I LOVE Pinmoors!! I use them when basting my quilts instead of safety pins...fantastic product.