View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Patti25314

Originally Posted by sierraacres View Post
Well, my 830 will be three years old next week and was put on the boat today. After being replaced at 6 mos. of age, the replacement has been in the shop more than I used it. Thankfully I have my Brothers to fall back on. I have had problems with threading, bobbin & top thread sensors ,fatal error messages and every other kind of message available. Two pc boards have been replaced, one two weeks ago and memory loss problems with 20 minutes of getting it home. I documented the entire sceniro in writing, packed up the machine in the original box and gave it to my dealer. The machine is now on its way back to Bernina. I requested a complete break down of parts and reconstruction with parts not made in China. I have been advised by my dealer that Bernina is not going to sell the 830 any further do to excessive problems. They are not "recalling" them but will make a deal for you to trade to the new 700 series. Allegedly the machine has a better threading system, bobbin, sensors etc. You will lose about 2" of embroidery space off the mega hoop, but I don't know what else you will have to give up. My concern is who made the parts and what assurance is out there that you won't have the same problems. The 700 series is still in the $7-K range. Have to see what I get back..
What your dealer has told you is not true. I am in training this week and improvements to the 830 are continuing. Also, our shop has a new 780, and I think they are more in the 10K range. If you have a problem, contact your dealer. If they can't fix it, they should send it back to Bernina. I love my Berninas and just hate it when others have problems with theirs.