Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM
grayhare

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
Me, too! A 2 spool would be too good to pass up. One of those technological innovations that I would be fascinated with. (But I'm easily amused!) I keep thinking I will get the sewing room all spiffed up ant take pictures. The main excitements, for me, are the big cutting table with storage underneath, a sink for dyeing fabric and yarn, and an honest to goodness workbench. It's the former one stall garage. Always was too little to park in. They call them "Model A" garages here- anyone know if the Model A was a small car?

The whole room has IKEA cabinets and shelves as the base for the cutting table. Then there are those LED lights under the cabinet and two pendent lights., plus the ceiling is just the beams painted white. The floor is concrete painted aqua, with a "beach mat" type rug (plastic woven) under the cutting table. Right now I have 8 machines belonging to a friend that I am re-wiring, so a few too many machines! I work tomorrow, and it is dark now, so I'll get some pictures on Friday. I have the Singer 31, set up for FMQ ( it's a treadle) the Dais VF treadle, the Singer 201 in a table, the red sewing table for everyone else, and the red topped MUTT I brought to the Turlock TOGA all set up. It's unbelievable to me that I have a room like this. Sometimes at night I run in there to check I' not dreaming! Only last year, the garage was full of junk and I had a corner in the TV room! Laura in Alameda, CA
Hi Laura, This sounds fantastic!! Growing up we had a utility sink in the garage, I think it is just so convenient, and practical. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures. Did you come up with the design?
Anamaria