Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Sarah Noel

Red face Hello new to the board from London England

Hello all

I am Sarah mum of 3 girls and from London England. I found your blog yesterday when searching for an answer to a question.

I am a true novice to quilting, yesterday I completed my first ever Moda Bake Shop quilt using modern vintage charm packs for daughter Lauran who is away at Bristol Uni studying to become a doctor. I hope it brightens up her student bedroom and reminds her of home.

I made quilts for all 3 girls before but now I have researched how it's done properly I would be embarrassed to ever show anyone the first 3, we didn't have access to the Internet all those years ago when I did them. pretty much every stage that i have got to on this one I have been spoilt for choice on you tube videos to show me what to do next. I particularly love the ones from Jeni @ Missouri Quilt Shop they are always very detailed.

I had major surgery to my spine back in September and its meant I'm very confined to home and so it's been great to have something to keep me occupied.

I am hoping that joining you all will enable me to improve and learn from the pro's and also provide a place where I can come and ask friends the 'stupid' questions that I will know doubt have.

My next project is for Nadine (15 in November) and I am going to try the ice cream quilt by Jane Brocket which was featured in Love Patchwork magazine. I have bought about 20 fat quarters and my first job is cutting them into strips!

Things I need help, more practice on are (which hopefully will get better in time)
rotary cutting.
Truly understanding my sewing machine and what it can do
free motion quilting.

Well that's a little about me, looking forward to reading and following you all.

Sarah