Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 AM
lauriejo

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
OFF TOPIC:

Okay Ladies.... I have a dilemma and I am not sure how I feel about it. Here is the deal....
As you all know I have Meadow (who is a guide dog) and I want to bring him to the family Christmas this year and it is being held at dh's Aunt's home (she lives in a million dollar home and it looks that way as well) and I got an email today from Aunt's dh saying that we need to talk about the dog coming to their house for the family Christmas. We are planning on going to Chicago for a day as well during the vacation. We most likely be driving back and forth each day(not sure yet) So do I stand my ground and put my foot down and say that he is coming to bad deal with it. Or do I just say okay if he cannot come and not go to the family Christmas, and let dh go alone? What do you all of you think?
Just lurking this month, but I did want to comment on Meadow. I agree that Meadow is now part of the family, but would like to just add a couple of thoughts. You say aunt's dh says you need to talk about it. Perhaps it is just concern for the dog's behaviour and once reassured all will be fine. But the issue could also involve the health of another member of the family. There was a time, when I was young and allergies were severe, that I could not be in the same room with someone who had a cat without becoming very ill. Even though my older sisters didn't bring their cats, and would dress and leave the house without handling their cats, I couldn't be in the same room with them. I would sit at the table for dinner and that was it. I guess I am saying that I agree you need Meadow to be accepted, but the concern might not just be for the fancy house.