View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 AM
MTS
Banned

The more I keep reading, the more I just don't get it.

This from the Smile site:
[h=3]How is Smile different from other photo services?[/h]Smile focuses on two things: 1) creating one secure place for your family's images and 2) making it easy to effortlessly share photos with close friends and family. Many people nowadays have their photos scattered on various computers, phones, disk drives and cameras, not to mention sites like Facebook and Flickr. And they’re worried about losing them. Smile solves this problem by organizing all your photos in one place and securely storing them in the cloud. Smile also lets you share life’s experiences and events with close family and friends instantly, without having to upload, tag or edit photos.

So even if I wanted to send you a link to my quilt pictures in my photostream, and you were a paying member at Smile as well, I don't see a way to direct you to only certain pictures in my photo stream.
Or vice versa.
I want to see your new quilt but could care less about your latest cruise pictures.

Maybe, just maybe, people had their pictures all over the place because they wanted/needed it that way.
Certain blogs use certain photo hosting sites.
What happens to all those links that were webshots based.
You can't even do a mass change to map from webshots.com to smile.com because the names/ID's have been altered.

And the $15/year they'll be charging - or even the $30 for the upgraded account - is really peanuts.
I would have gladly paid it if things stayed relatively the same.

Anyway, back to your problem.
If you go into your pictures on webshots.com, click on the picture, then select full screen.
You should be able to right-click and save the image that way.
A PITA if you have a ton, but if there are some you HAVE to have, then that's a quick way.

Now I have to go back up the zipfile because I have a history of HD fatal crashes.