Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 AM
buslady

Been working on Susan's little quilt every night this week. (next month I need to do something a little less involved), that is a hint, I guess! LOL I am having a ball with this one. I have done several techniques throughout, so deffinately didn't get bored!! DH thought it was too dark. Hope Sue doesn't agree with him!!
Elisabrat, it is what I call "traditional" quilting. All done with templates, not rotary cutters and no chain sewing. And LOTS of set in seams!! Actually, in 2 blocks, I have not done a single straight seam! Each month she gives us the pattern for a block and we bring the finished block back the next month to get a new one. No sewing at the class, just discussion and she shows us stuff. The first class was the best cause she showed us how to make our templates, how to cut them and how to sew them. Very interesting, though I don't think I will be making very many quilts using this method!!
All the quilts are just gorgeous so far. I usually have several pages to read, and my memory is REALLY bad, so rather than make a mistake, I don't usually comment on each individual quilt (can't remember by the time I get to the end).
I do, however, remember the bright orange, Krystyna, and that one has GOT to be mine!! Oh, that's right, this is not the secret pal swap, I know who my partner is, dah!!!! And a good partner she is!!!! Just dawned on me. I think I read somewhere back there that Krystyna was going to be my partner, but something changed! She should send me one, too!! Can you do 2? LOL LOL Lots of DQ's this month and I wouldn't mind having any one (or all) of them hangint on the wall where I could see them!! Back to work.