View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
oregongirl

Default FW Needle hitting bobbin case

I just bought my first featherweight, Gussie, named for the previous owner. I ran it for just a moment when i bought it from her son, and it seemed fine then, although i really did only run it for a moment to make sure the motor worked. it had been sitting for a while and i wanted it to be oiled, etc, before i really ran it. It does look pristine, however.

Got it home, oiled and lubed it, then ran it without thread - the needle chewed up the back side of the fabric scrap. I took out the needle and realized it had a burr on the end of the needle. Put in a new needle, making sure i got it in right (I have the manual), took the bobbin out and refilled it with thread to match a spool. When i put the bobbin back in there was a sound and the stitch was bad. took out the bobbin and realized the needle is hitting the bobbin case.

So even wiith no thread in top or bottom, the needle is hitting the case. I can see it hitting from the bobbin area. Is that something one of you can tell me how to fix or is it something i have to take it in for?

unrelated, but just cuz i am excited about having one - it's a Centennial edition, complete with case in pretty good shape, some attachments and feet, and as i said, it's in great shape.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368912[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails phpfkiirbam.jpg