View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM
CMCKAtto

Default Looking for an attic window pattern

Hello
I am making an attic windows quilt for my daughters wedding next June. I have the fabric for it, I just bought a lot of different oriental prints that went together, I bought 5 yards of a 18" wide cotton satteen in black, for the backing, sashing and possibly the binding, although I bought enough of the fairy frost I plan on using for the window frame, I think I will have to pick up another colour for the frame, I am thinking it should be 2 colours, not a single one. I have wool batting for the quilt, I will get it quilted by a lady who has a long arm machine. It will be between a queen and a king size. I need to find a pattern. I have cut 9 blocks so far, they are 8" square, and I was going to do 2" frames, for a completed block of 9". I figure with 1 inch sashing borders and binding, I can get larger than a queen, but not a king.
Any and all idea's are welcome. This is going to be my first quilt, but I have been sewing clothes and home decor for over 40 years. I had a sewing business which I quit because I got so tired of people telling me they could go buy stuff at *** Mart for cheaper. I am willing to buy a pattern, just need to know where to find one.
Thank you.
Carolyn K-A