View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM
KalamaQuilts

I was shocked to see last week that webshots will be closing, but thrilled that the original crew would be taking over.
Then reality set in.
Their Smile site ideas are based on photosharing in social websites. If you want someone to see something you have to upload it there from smile.
Nothing on Smile will be open to the public.

Fine by me, I don't have time for social networking sites. But when I downloaded the Smile software to capture the images off Webshots (I have about 20 albums and over 1K of photos, and a paid subscription) I was appalled.

It pulled everything off my computer too, as mentioned above without any option not to, and what I keep on my computer is ebay and temporary use images, I certainly don't want them cluttering up photo or wallpaper software.
And then the software doesn't work anything like the website examples, there aren't any options to set wallpaper, or delete...And they've said there will be 4 new wallpapers sent to the software every day (expiring in 60 days) but i haven't gotten any.

I expect those complaints are from releasing software that wasn't ready. But I will surely miss Webshots.
So far my webshots software is still working, keeping my fingers crossed as I have so many gorgeous wallpapers stored there.

edited to add a little later...Webshots just uninstalled from my computer ...automatically, along with millions of other peoples.
All those wallpapers...

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 10-11-2012 at 09:25 AM.