View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM
quiltgal

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
...for 250. Complete with case, accessories. He told me it belonged to his great grandmother and she rarely/never used it. Then it sat in his closet ever since. He said that another family member took her cabinet. (i assume after g.grandma passed) It looks to be in nice condition from the pics he showed me. He said it runs and smells like the original oil? Is this a good thing? (I'm most concerned by that comment.)

My local antique shop says they have them between 275-375 depending on condition and accessories. And there is one on Craigslist listed as mint for 850! I did see some listed on the evil bay for 150 and up but convience of no shipping and fear of breaking makes me less inclined to save a buck. Besides this is the originally family.

Good bad? What do you guys think? Did I mention it's my birthday Saturday?
If it has been closed up for any amount of time, it will smell like oil. Not a problem! When I get one in to fix, I start by putting a bunch of used dryer sheets in the case and that helps a lot to get rid of the smell. Check my website for items that you might need. www.thequiltgal.com