View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 PM
christinetindell

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
Ah, yes. When I attend classes with my sewing group (not necessarily quilting, but other types), I always have a list in my head of which members I do NOT want to sit with. I try to pre-arrange with somebody I know to do the "you save my seat, I save yours" routine so we can sit together! Some of the ladies are very nice, but they are real energy-suckers who keep distracting your attention from the class every few minutes, whether it's a machine problem or asking you to repeat what the teacher just said because they weren't listening (because they were dealing with the aforementioned machine problem...).

And just a quick note to MaryLane who said she's a talker... don't let it chase you away from retreats...there are always people around who would find you more entertaining than someone who just hunches over her machine all day. It takes all kinds, right?! When I used to attend scrapbooking retreats....hoo boy, I could tell you stories about those ladies. Suffice to say, once they smuggled in the wine, there was talking, singing, dancing, and assorted husband-yelling on cell phones going on non-stop. At least quilters don't usually smuggle in wine, because we're afraid of getting our fabrics stained LOL!
Hey, FMQ ALWAYS goes better with wine....or a martini....or a Mike's hard lemonade. don't be too critical of those who drink.