View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by mrsponcho1 View Post
My son's mother in law was a hostess for a retreat back in September. She had asked me several times about attending, but I told her that I just didn't know if that was my thing, since I like my peace and quite while working. Well, I talked to my sister in law and we decided to give it a try. My sister in law got a full time teaching position and her first day was the first day of the retreat. So, I went by myself - now I'm not one to venture very far from home and especially not for a 5 day overnight retreat. Packed bedding and sewing stuff and headed out. I knew that I might have trouble concentrating so picked projects accordingly. No teaching, everyone worked on their own projects. I did not get alot done but I went for the purpose of meeting new people. I had a great time and met a wonderful group of women. They have decided to do 2 retreats next year and I have already sent my deposits in for both of them.

So if any of you are in my area and would like to attend, let me know and I will get you the information.

btw - no alcohol was allowed but we didn't need it to have a great time - altho I missed my vodka and seven up at bedtime to help me unwind - lol
Hmmm, you're not too awful far from me. PM me the info and I might go!