Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
HouseDragon

The number of views and replies for threads on this board says it all! I spend waaaay too much time reading the threads and viewing the eye candy. But I've learned so many new tricks, viewed so many fabulous quilts, learned about so many cool projects (I'd never heard of the infamous Bow Tucks Bag), that the time spent is absolutely worth it! The Elmer's Washable School Glue threads have changed the way I quilt! I've started keeping an eye out for a vintage Featherweight now that I know the Vintage Machine people are there to help. People on this board are so kind, helpful, and sharing that's it a joy to visit. Mahalo to each and every one of you!

As for other boards, I've joined a bunch over the years: most have gone bye bye or just simply don't have enough traffic to make it worth visiting.

One site I did visit every day for years where I've been lucking and but have never posted is the APQS site: it was fabulous! Until they "upgraded" the board recently and lost everyone's favorite threads: all the fantastic longarm hints I'd saved are gone. I'm saving for my own machine (Innova) which is why I'd never posted. Now the APQS site seems to be dying: so many are heartbroken that their favorites are gone. The suggestion to read back through years and years of threads to find your favorites again went over rather flat. JMNSHO. I hope I'm wrong.

I also read kaboodles of blogs. This board is where I found Charisma's Corner which quickly became one of my favorites.

I'd love to join a guild. Several are very far away and on days I can't attend. When I asked about the "other" guild, a board member told me I'd have to make and donate at least three charity quilts a year to stay a member in good standing! So much for that!