View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
quiltingcandy

Years ago I was at a "Beverly's" and they had this weird orange fabric, with black and brown flicks on it in the clearance area - the flicks were small and it really complimented all the Halloween fabrics that year. So I got brave and bought 3 yards of it. Now I am sorry I didn't get all they had. At first people I sewed with laughed at it - but it was one of those fabrics that would bring everything together. And I shared it all the time - thinking it would come back again - have not seen it since. And I have this one small piece left of it.

My mother had saved a piece of fabric she used to make one of my sister's a dress (I think it was the oldest since she went to school first). It was a Disney fabric of the 3 little pigs. She told me she had it somewhere, no sure where, but just couldn't let it go. So after she died and I found the fabric - my middle sister din't recognize it at all, so I used it in a quilt for a grand niece. (The grand daughter of my eldest sister who passed away in 2008.)