Old 10-11-2012, 07:27 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Pumpkinpatchquilter, that White will be gorgeous once you get the machine cleaned up. Enjoy!
I sure hope so!! I have never really cleaned up a machine other than to wipe it down with a damp cloth. I skimmed through many threads and conversations on this board suggesting how to clean up my machine and then braved it!! This afternoon and evening I cleaned as much as I could with a few rags and sewing machine oil. I was a little over anxious to see a pretty shiny black machine so I attempted turtle wax but I don't know if it's just my inexperience, the wear on it's finish, or if it's just not clean enough yet to really shine much. I attempted two coats and it seemed to help clean a lot of the muck off but maybe needs a few more coats? I should have pulled off some of the metal pieces first because now that the body is starting to look neat and clean the metal looks old and dirty. I am learning though and it is fun!

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Bennett refurbished a White - named it 'Cookie' it was about a year ago - came out very nice.
Of course I had to flip right into another tab and look up "Cookie" as soon as I read your comment!!! Lol* Cookie is quite beautiful!! I want one!!!