Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Cindy60545

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I've never waited months for LA, just a few weeks. There are so many talented LA quilters right here on the board, that I would never waste time looking anywhere else. Many of them post photos of their work here and also have many who can testify to their skills!
Thanks for stating this. I'm one of the LAer's listed on the board & do post pics of my work also. Currently there's no waiting 'cuz I just finished all the quilts that are at the quilt show this weekend. Everyone was concentrating on it, now they'll start thinking Christmas & I'm sure I'll be busy again. But I don't anticipate more than a 2 week turn around for anyone.
As far as price, we all charge by the square inch. Most all are pretty standard at .015 per sq for an all-over meandering type of quilting. The prices vary from that point on. Semi-custom & custom is where the prices really differ. It depends on the skill level of the LAer & how backlogged they are. $1200 is way too steep for anything but a full custom quilt job. It must have been show quality when it was finished.
Look here on the board for all the LAer's. Take a look at their postings & see which one's style fits what you're thinking of putting on your quilt & send them a PM to get the ball rolling. All of us will respond asap.