View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 AM
eyes

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have been to many retreats and everyone has their "thing" and we all put up with them. It's being together that counts. So what if someone complains a little or talks on the phone once in a while? We have a group that likes to drink wine in the evening and laugh really loud and the rest of us just laugh along with them. There are 25 of us. We are all doing something all the time and having lots of fun. We aren't there to judge or turn our noses up at each other. I go outside every couple of hours and have a cigarette and come in and wash up real well. I know I smell like smoke, but no one complains. Thank God! Some women eat at their work station. So what? Some women gab a lot. So what? We are at a retreat having fun. We are away from home. Having a good time. Celebrating. We are there as a group to enjoy each other and have fun. We OVERLOOK each other's differences. Do you want total silence? No talking? No friendship? So, offer the woman a sweater. The gal will get off her phone in a minute. Sounds like you are a complainer to me. You should be enjoying yourself. Instead, maybe you should have stayed home and sewed by yourself.
I have never been to a quilting retreat but I will take your advise and stay home as I don't talk much when I'm involved in any project because I have to concentrate 100% aiming for perfection, which I will never achieve, but that's my goal.
And I would feel like I was bothering others if I talked and talked while taking a break from what I was doing. It probably comes from upbringing when I was told children should be seen and not heard...not that anyone else is doing wrong. :-)