Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 AM
irishrose

I don't know about you, but I do my best thinking in the night. The illness I had in Sept was caused by a reaction to wasp spray - I know I am allergic to the environment, but forgot in my zeal to eliminate a nest of yellow jackets. That means I am not out of the woods on the meningitis. All I can do is pray, take my supplements, get lots of rest and not worry. I rarely have a headache so that will be my indication to worry. The doctor said I will have 'the worst headache in the world' which I haven't had. The sad thing is I didn't want to go to the pain clinic. I'm not a fan of steroids, but my insurance company wouldn't let me see the surgeon for my SI joints unless the referral came from a pain clinic and the joints had been filled with cortisone. $700 worth of unnecessary injections and now this. Thanks, Priority.

On the road today. Taking an old friend on a road trip for his birthday, though I doubt if there are many leaves left on the trees after the rains and winds we've had. We'll try the peninsulas around Traverse. The climate is a little more temperate around the lakes and there may have more color left. Also need to drop my vacuum in TC. My new vacuum broke and Traverse City is the nearest repair place. I complained to the service department about it costing me money to take it there, but no luck.

My eating was off yesterday because I don't eat right when I'm busy. Today won't be much better. I hope some of the little touristy restaurants on the peninsula are still open. I'm tired of chain restaurants. First I have to deliver a cake to the church. Fresh apple with browned butter/cream cheese frosting. I could have eaten the whole pan of frosting - the taste is fantastic. Then I have to deliver a friend home from dialysis. She is such a sweet person, it's a pleasure to spend time with her once a week. Six of us transport her so she won't have use public transportation.

Y'all have a great day and remember this week's question - Is this food worth it? If it is, eat a small amount with great attention to what you're doing. If I could have wheat, this cake would be splurge worthy. No mindless eating - ah, there's a Tuesday Taboo in the making.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy