View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 AM
redbugsullivan

I knew this group could help! The fabric I have is a 54"x72" section of lycra. It needs to make three wraps. The child who inspired this bounces in his seat while flinging his arms down. His response to deep pressure to arms and back gave me the idea. A wrap long enough use as a loop but not so bulky as to make sitting on a section of it uncomfortable. The student sits on it then pulls it up enough to put their arms through like a shawl. It provides tension through the back, arms and seat, exactly where this kiddo needs it!

Peggi, that site you posted gave me the inspiration I need! The comments on the cuddle wrap were the key. My hesitation to cut anything off was the fact that kids come in various sizes and shapes. How can I make what I have useful for everyone? The solution is in the knot. I will eventually sew a sturdy loop but the correct size/feedback is needed. A quick release knot will provide a temporary solution without cutting the length.

My plan is to cut a strip 18" wide the length of the fabric. The length will have to remain until the correct measurement for appropriate tension is determined. A quick release knot won't try my patience when adjustments are needed.