View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:58 AM
annthreecats

Default I Had A Brainstorm The Other Day

Okay, I know I'm off my rocker, but my mind just whirls with all the things I can do with a sewing machine and since I started quilting and coming to the Quilting Board, I have even more ideas.

I thought of this crazy project a couple of days ago because I don't have a quilt project in the works right now and I don't want to start the next quilt project that will be for a baby due in January but I really want to quilt. I'm going to make a "whole cloth" quilt using two sheet sets I have that I don't use anymore. I'll use the fitted sheet for the backing and the flat sheet for the top. I'm preparing the fitted sheet by taking off the elastic and fixing the corners where the seam is. I plan to sew them together birthing method and I'll slip the batting in there, close it up and quilt it with a simple meander. These would be my utility quilts for picnics and beach trips.

I know I'm probably not the first one to think of this, but I can't wait to get started on this project. I'll be sure to share pictures when I get one done.