View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:09 PM
leighway

You know, this was a tricky topic. So much depends on the day, the people, the mood, the reason for the retreat. I surely sympathize with BellaBoo, as I think she was there to work and possibly have some quiet time for reflection as she worked. I would have loved to have her as a table mate. I can get very irritated by certain behaviours and yet I'm one of those who can make the room laugh. I'm a person who loves to encourage others, but I'll turn off if I hear whining. It's all in what I sense is going on with the person. I don't like bossy people (who does?) and I don't have a problem asking someone to refrain from doing something that isn't working for me. I ask with a smile but don't accept no for an answer.
I've seen some really stupid behaviour at some of the classes I've taken, and I've also found some wonderful people whose company I loved. We humans are a study. Still and all, I"m envious of the groups that get along so well...I"ve never belonged to one and I bet they're wonderful. But I surely understand where BellaBoo is coming from.