Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 AM
peaceandjoy

I think mine will be the star that I posted originally (although that wasn't in its finished form.

I'm not happy with the setting pieces. They are inset seams (squares at the corners, triangles between the other 4 points. I actually ripped them all out and tried again, which made such a mess of the star itself I thought about not using it at all, but am not motivated to start a new center. Younger DD (that's generally used to mean "dear daughter," but am not so sure right now) has my panties in a bunch and it's causing more migraines than usual. But I am home alone today, so who knows what I will do, lol!

Not to worry, I have the perfect prescription to fix my attititude: I leave for vacation in ten days. Some sun, walks on the beach and a quilt shop - or two - and I'll be up for working on some other great centers. I do have some ideas rolling around, although I'm also a little nervous! It seems that's how many people feel though... I even know what fabric that I will be looking for for one of the centers. Not an actual fabric, but the colors I want.

Julie, I get your center first... I leave on the 21st, so from NC to NY, I should have it if you mail on the 15th. And we will be having our mail picked up. However, if you'd rather, you can wait until a bit later. We return on the 1st.

My package and postcard will be leaving here Thursday, I think. That's the 15th? No calendar near by, will double check! Postcards will be enclosed. It seems like we decided not to include other items, but to send them directly if desired?

I'll try to get a picture of completed center & upload later today. I don't do it often enough to be able to do that automatically, I have to think of each step (be sure computer is on & booted before plugging camera cable in, which port??, save to file, download file to board...). Maybe by the end of this it'll be easier? We do post as we complete each round?

Peace and Joy,
Robin