View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 AM
citygirlsews

There is a time for everything....A full time job, a long commute, grandkids to care for.....sounds like you are a busy gal. You might like to try something like a "sew-in" once a week at your local quilt shop. Most places have them in the evening and during the day time also. You bring your own project to work on, you will make new friends and there is a teacher there to help you if you need it. Your new friends will help inspire you. It is also a few hours for one night that you are away from family and the routine. If you don't have a shop near by that offers this, you might consider setting up a sewing time once a week or once a month with a friend. Sewing with a friend really helps. You can take turns being at each others house. Kits are wonderful but some times they do not inspire us because they are pre-planned. Look in quilt books and pick out some thing small that is exciting to you....maybe a table runner for Christmas time....for your own tabe of course...something that will not pressure you. I was in the same boat you are once and now I am doing quilts on my own. Love to sew and quilt! Good luck Quilt Sister! Love you!