View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:04 AM
granny216

Smile

Mostly I stitch the folded binding on the front and then in the evenings I stitch it by hand on the back. I have made a couple of quilts that you turn inside out and also one where I brought the binding to the front. I like to stitch by hand as then it looks nicer--to me but have friends that always put bindings on with machine. I do the bindings in the evening when I am more relaxed. It works for me. Also the binding seems to get the most wear and it is easier replaced...not that I've ever done that but have an old one here that I will replace the binding with a new one. Have lots of real old fabric and feed sacks.

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I do not like to bind my quilts. I have 9 quilts waiting to be bound. That must tell you how much I don't like binding quilts. I want to machine bind them all.

I know they don't look as good. I know that 100%. My LQS owner bound my last quilt and she machine bound it with flowers and it looked wonderful. I want to try it. It wasn't a straight stitch, so it didn't matter that it wasn't straight all the way around.

It was a wide flowery stitch, about 1/4" wide. What is your opinion? I use to hand bind years and years and years ago. I need these done by Christmas and the only way I will get them done is to machine sew them.

I even send them out to be bound (shame on me). But I want to do it myself and machine sew them. Is that so awful? The people they are going to don't quilt. So they won't know the difference.

Last edited by granny216; 10-13-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: forgot to add replacing the binding.