View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default My Patriotic Wedding Gift for Grandson

I posted a phone picture of this top when I had completed it. It was my first completed quilt top since my accident in April. I have had it quilted and just finished the binding. I am proud of how it turned out and hope they really like it. I will be leaving on October 18th to go to West Palm Beach for the wedding of my Grandson, Bobby to Kelly. Bobby is in the Air Force and stationed in Alaska. My DD and her hubby are flying me down. The wedding is on the 21st. It started out as a wall hanging and just grew and grew. About 80 to 90% of the fabric used is from the 50's and 60's. I just love the quilting. Thanks for looking and letting me know how it looks. The white on the outside of the quilt is a sheet, not a border. The backing is white tone on tone with a 3" strip of flag material in the shape of a plus (had to cover up where I pieced the back) sign.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369300[/ATTACH]
This is the center portion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]369301[/ATTACH]
This is the cornerstone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]369302[/ATTACH]
This is a picture of the quilting
Attached Thumbnails bobby-kellys-wedding-quilt-3.jpg   bobby-kellys-wedding-quilt-4.jpg   bobby-kellys-wedding-quilt-1.jpg   bobby-kellys-wedding-quilt-5.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 10-13-2012 at 06:26 AM.