Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 AM
LenaBeena

Red face

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
I wonder if any of us are journaling our lives so our future family won't have some of the questions we are asking? I haven't. My life seems too uneventful to bother! But that is not true when I think about the interest I have in my past family's daily life!

What a great idea! Many years ago we gave our parents and grandparents books to write their memories. They said there was nothing worthwhile writing. NO! So I wrote down as they talked and am so glad I did. Grandma telling about her parents coming to America, Grandpa telling about his early jobs, Aunt Anna's stories of being a midwife (self taught) on the prairie, Dad growing up with 16 brothers and sisters, Mom being a little girl helping in the General Store, on and on. Now I record (on the computer) my own memories of one-room schools, endless canning on sweltering summer days, etc. Not exciting, but maybe my great-great grandchildren will find it interesting. Better print it out as who knows what kind of computers they will have then.