Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Lisanne

Edie what is or are the "Amana Colonies" in Iowa? Is it a town? Are they a special type of place? It's an unusual name.

LOL, I went through this question last year. Was living in Pennsylvania but desperately missing the snowy midwestern winters of my growing up years. I traveled a bit, didn't choose any of the places I went to, then asked myself if I could live anywhere I wanted - because at that time, I could - where would it be? (Anywhere in the US, anyway. Would choose England or Scotland, but wouldn't be allowed to stay or to work without citizenship.) LOL, and after all that, I decided it was Pennsylvania and came back. I only wish it had a metro area in the snow belt!

Although I'm in Central PA right now, I prefer Philly and may well move back there.

What other places? I'm from Michigan, and if it weren't hurting so badly, I'd love to move back to Ann Arbor, where I went to college.

Would love to live for a year or two in Los Angeles or Pasadena, but not permanently.

I also have a Southern streak and would love a place in Birmingham, Alabama or maybe its suburb, Homewood. Or maybe a small farmlet a bit farther out.

If I could live anywhere, though, I'd pick Scotland or England. Not sure what part.