Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 AM
irishrose

Kathleen, we don't spend a lot of time posting numbers unless a member wants to - it's certainly allowed, so I don't know your weight, but it seems to me those of us with less to lose drop it more slowly. You say 'only' five pounds, but that's five pounds less than you carried around previously. Next time you go to the store, pick up five pounds of butter or lard. That's what you've lost and I say good for you.

Jumpstarters? Lemon water. Lemon water with various add ins - mint leaves, cucumbers, cayenne pepper powder, ginger. All have worked for me at some time. My daughter swears by the new green coffee pills and they seem to be harmless. Because she inherited several of my heart defects and has had a cardiac arrest due to arrhythmias I check everything she finds carefully. I know she's a grown woman, but she's still my daughter. So far the cinnamon and honey hasn't done much for me weight wise, but there enough other benefits listed in Pam's post that I will keep it going. Real apple cider vinegar is supposed to help, but it hasn't for me. Google it and see what you think. I do drink it with a straw when I take it for my muscle spasms. Something in my memory bank says it's not good for the enamel on my teeth. One of the benefits of any of these for me is that it is a reminder to stay with my eating plan.

Has anyone tried myfitnesspal lately? Several 'old' members had success using it. I do like the site, I'm just lazy about recording my food, exercise and water. Just checking in here helps me stay on track, too. Thanks, y'all.

I am losing weight.
Judy

BTW, I am never a threat for the FQs. I am here for the support, not the fabric. I can't lose enough to win, but that's okay.