Old 10-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Joan

We just moved a little over a year ago and I have to think this is the best place for me.

We are in Pine Grove, Ca. The elevation is 2600 feet so we are above the fog (quite a problem in CA in the "valley") and below the snow. Occasionally, we get a dusting of snow but not enough to be a problem.

I love the wildlife here--turkeys, squirrels, deer and some other critters that only come out when it's dark........mainly I'm referring to the raccoons who love to dig in my flower pots and the mountian lion who lives around and I try to avoid (although we keep hearing about people who have seen him and I found two of his dinners--down deer--the last six months) The trees are wonderful having been a valley dweller for longer than I care to remember: pine, oak, cedar, madrone, manzanita....

The weather is beautiful, the people are friendly and best of all the quilt guild here is spectacular----

What more could you want--everybody come visit--okay? We've been building the house for five years and yes it is almost done.....