Old 10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
mhollifiel

Your question reminded me of a guest my sisters and I shared lunch with year before last. We had been at a Christian conference in Colorado Springs and the vocalist was Babbie Mason. Following the last session, we went for lunch in the hotel complex. My two sisters had gone off to shop while I held our place in line. Babbie arrived alone and, on impulse, I asked her to have lunch with us. We chatted and, impish sister that I am, I put her up to going into the little shop my sisters were in and calling them by name as if she knew them. She happily agreed to indulge me and my sisters were amazed! Babbie was just delightful and we so much enjoyed lunch with her. She even sang (beautifully and tastefully) our grace. What a blessing and a treat for all of us sisters!
I'd love to have a meal with so many people but I am grateful for the opportunities to break bread with wonderful folks I've taken advantage of. Hope I haven't missed any and will be on the lookout in future for more. Thank you for triggering such a wonderful memory!