View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:07 PM
pinkCastleDH

Default Tokyo Trembles...

Godzilla lives!! Husqvarna Viking 33-10. Weighs only slightly less than the beast that stomped Tokyo (and Raymond Burr.) I haven't done the scale thing yet but it feels as though the 33-10 (Björn) is to a 201 as a 201 is to a 221. Sure it came in a case but I can't really think of this as 'portable'. I know I'd hate to arm wrestle the housewife who lifted this thing up to a table to use each day

Definitely took us out of our comfort zone - our first (and possibly, though not likely, last!) crinkle finish machine. In this case it tends to accentuate the massiveness of the green beast.

We watched it on Craigslist for some time. When it first was listed Herself (whose main machine before last year was a Husqvarna) wanted it - said that it reminded her of the Trolls that were popular dolls for awhile, so ugly they're almost cute. She called the seller and offered $50 (he wasn't listing a price at the time) but he was looking for $150. After a month or so he was down to $75 and we've got another old zigzag machine. Cute little 'drawbridge' bed extension, though unlike the 221 the top won't go on the case with it folded up.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg