Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QuiltE I sew on a Pfaff Expression 3.0 and my embroidery machine is a Pfaff Creative Vision 4.0. I love Pfaff machines, I did a detour and purchased a Janome 6600 but wasn't happy with it from the moment I bought it home. Sold it to a friend and went back to the Pfaff.

Thanks MiraB ... I have the 6600 and have been quite pleased! It's the "best" machine I've ever had, so that could be part of it. The only thing I don;t like about it ... I know I want a bigger throat so I can really get at doing the FMQing without the limitations that creates. With that comes the interested in a BSR (or whatever each brand call theirs), though I hear a lot of people say they are just trouble! I don't know anything about Pfaff or what features yours would have.

I think a lot of the time the love/hate for a machine can come from the service and support we get from our dealers. I am fortunate to have a really good dealer locally. They just represent Janome and Bernina, so it'd be hard for me to consider others ... though, that doesn't mean I will not. I would just have to have the confidence that a different dealer would be every bit as good. And another consideration, other dealers are going to be at a further distance, so not as convenient for drop by Q+As!