Thread: Tucker Block
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Dar-midlife

Thanks, Singerbabe! We had our guild meeting a few days ago and this is what is was. your next posting with the link is the same I believe. They told me to turn all center pieces 180 degrees-I'm not sure if that is what you were saying or not. ONe gal there had did it using 2 1/2" blocks and turned out real cute. I think on a 5", it should be at least a 1 1/2-2" cut. Sure 'seams' easy and fun!! I have to try it this weekend and make a potholder or something! Obviously there are lots of names for it.
Darlene
Originally Posted by singerbabe View Post
I was just looking for Tucker block instructions when I came across your posting. One gal in my guild who showed us how to make it had us make four-patch blocks with charm squares. Then we made cuts through this block about an inch and a half on either side of the middle seams, both vertically and horizontally, which then gives you nine patches. You turn the four rectangles 180 degrees (the four corner and middle patches are squares and stay put), and then sew it all back together for the Tucker block. I'm not exactly sure I stated this correctly, so try it on four old charms that you don't care about first.