View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 PM
4dogs

Arrow check out those thrift stores

I thought it would be fun to tell each other what finds we have made at the thrift stores, that we use for our quilting habit...........I just got a really large, 4 drawer desk, for $9.95 at a Salvation Army thrift store............I placed it at the end of the room, under the two windows............it gives a large area on top.........I have my big cutting mat there........and to the side, I have my home-made ironing board.............also, a lamp, and a small basket that catches the scraps from the current project.
From another thrift store, I found a 301A Singer in the cabinet........for $32.00........... it sews well, and I have done several quilt tops on it already (it is the light tan color) .
From a Goodwill store, I found a 2 1/2 inch by 16 inch ruler, for $2.00....from that same store, I purchased an old microwave cart($5.00).........that holds my radio on one shelf, and on the second shelf I keep my little plastic boxes with cut and measured scraps.
Last week, in a Goodwill store, I found a very clean, appearantly working Kenmore sewing machine for $8.00....I left that one for someone else, as I really do not need another machine (I have 4 already).
So tell us, what treasures have you found at your thrift store, for quilting..........