Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB .... I forgot to ask ... what was it you didn't like about the 6600 when you had it?

JeanieG
... I did some phoning around the other a day about the Sweet 16 and the Tiara. The lady I called about the Tiara knew nothing about it and called the company and they wondered how she even knew about it as it has not been released in Canada. The rep finally admitted that they have a meeting coming up in the next couple of weeks to intro the Tiara. They can pre-order at that time, though it will not be open for sale til Feb! ... As for the Sweet 16s, I did find several that sell them, but none with one. They only bring in one at a time because they are so costly. Oh right, buy it sight unseen! And get ready for this ... they don't order til they have an order for three machines! And that was the same story at all three shops .... all a considerable distance from me. I'm still interested, but!!!!

The dealer I use, used to sell one (forget which or both?).1

CarrieM ... the 6600 has been a great machine and I really do love it! While the throat seems huge compared to what you are working with, it really is limiting if you are wanting to get into quilting bigger pieces. I know lots of people say they quilt queen/king quilts on it ... but they must be fighting with it to make it happen. Even when doing 40x40 square, I feel I am not doing it comfortably and totally hesitate to consider big projects for now. I know you'll really like the 6600 for what it can do. I can also tell you will be quilting for a long time to come, and if you're wanting to do more machine quilting than you have been, you might want to consider what else is available.