Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 AM
mirabelle

QuiltE the main problem I had with the 6600 was the feet, if I wanted to change feet I had to get out the screwdriver and undo it and then screw the new foot on. With the Pfaff it is a 10 second job to just unclip one foot and clip on another. The other annoyance (for me anyway) was if I wanted to use the walking foot I had to adjust the needle position for my 1/4 inch seam allowance. With the pfaff just clip on my 1/4 inch foot which is a dead 1/4 inch. The Pfaff also has what is called ITD which is a built in walking foot, just clips down at the back of your foot and again just unclip it out of the way when you don't need it. I always have my walking foot on even when piecing, just don't use it when doing FMQ. I also use my open toed applique foot when I am quilting in the ditch as I can see exactly where the needle is landing.
Phew hope that answered everything.
Wow I must have it good over here, the Sweet Sixteen dealer, also the Pfaff dealer has one set up in her shop if you want to try it out, she also has a Avante HQ16 (I think that is what it is) set up and you can hire it out to quilt your quilt tops. My DD and I are quilting her Jamestown Landing on the 25th of this month.
Another surprise is next