Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... thanks for the machine info. I can see the joys of not having to screw on/off for changing feet. Some have the quick attach, but not so many and yes, I do find it annoying but thought that was just life! Likewise, the re-setting of the needle for the 1/4" ... yes I hate that! I must admit sometimes I am lazy and don't change a foot when I should!! Things to consider and watch for as I make my decisions. I must admit I was *shocked* that these stores did not have the S16 on the floor for demos. My Janome/Bernina dealer have everything there and they move you around from one to the other as you consider machines, so I thought that would be the norm ... but after four stores, nope! I stopped calling at that point, as I figured if they don't keep them in stock, then how much do they really know about operations for support and teaching me? Likewise when it comes to service?

OMG ... I can see why your "last" LAQ is your last! 16 months ... you should have added that the recent thread about how long for LAQ! Both are beautiful quilts ... what a showy SAW Lemoyne! the white in the print really makes the stars dazzle. Great way to include the virgin fabric. It frames it all up nicely. Your embroidery RR is gorgeous too. Any destiny for these?

MiraB ... have you thought of a LA for yourself? And do you do any hand quilting?