Thread: Low Carb Help
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thanks VickiG ... I appreciate your open comments. Yes, it will be the lapband, as she goes in and out the same day and non-invasive. She really hasn't been open to me, and I have learned what I know thru her husband ... and she has told him very little! From there, some googling, and knowing where the work is being done, and I have been learning. Then this thread came along and I was all ears and eyes!!

She actually had it booked, deposits paid, and was ready to make the final payment before she told him ... I think that was probably only because the $ and need to move $ between bank accounts, so had to own up to it. He is disgusted with her doing it ... and basically is keeping out of it with her to keep the proverbial peace.

In the meantime, with the prep for the operation and drinking of the stuff she's been given ... the poor man has literally been starving as she doesn't see the need to cook ... and he is so obliging to just let it be. I wonder how much he will lose as a result ... and doesn't have a lot of room for weight loss!

The procedure isn't til next Tuesday, and then after?
Only time will tell!
I wish her well ....