Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 AM
gardnergal970

Jeanie..what an invitation! Even a place to park your RV. Quite a drive to get there I must admit. I love your blocks this week.
Mirabelle, you are a artisan/craftsman! What beautiful quilts. Did you use your EQ at all for designing or just let the quilt tell you what to do next? I do some of that but the results aren't always spectacular.
QuiltE...maybe you should ask your Janome dealer about stocking LA. Mine does here although I've never looked at them to see what kind they are. I know I don't have room for one so I'm not letting myself get the "wants".
I know that changing the plate back and forth from single to dual hole and attaching the walking foot is a nuisance. I know the Janome 7700 does it automatically so you might want to consider a larger upgrade if you stick with Janome, Carrie. It has a 11 inch harp. I do like my 6500 for the way it handles different threads, etc but I would love to have a 7700. But Mirabelle makes the Pfaff sound so good. That's the first electic machine my DM bought when I was a kid. It was a wonder after the treadle.