View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Tothill

I have not posted on this thread yet.

I am new to quilting, having only made a few rag quilts before this summer. But when I found someone's UFO at a thrift shop 2 years ago I bought it.

It was for a red and brown, black and blue and yellow and black plaid rag quilt. It had large blocks and smaller ones to make 4 patches. Some of the sandwiches were made and stitched together. The person had FMQ inspirational words on the completed sandwiches. Then there were lots of blocks cut, but not sandwiched.

I would take out the blocks and play with them, then put them away again.

One of the problems with the original blocks is that they were not square or really equal in size.

Yesterday, I took them out to tackle again. I am doing a Secret Santa and my recipient had pets. My dog Oscar loves his rag quilt. So I thought instead of trying to use all the blocks, I just pulled out the ones that were already sandwiched. I decided on a good size for the blocks (large and small) and got out my cutting mat, rotary cutter and 12.5 inch square ruler.

I was able to make two 24X36 inch quilts for my SS pets. I will have to wait until Tuesday night to post photos, when the camera is home again. I hope her pets like them.