Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

To continue the machine discussion ..... I have absolutely NO interest, want or desire for a LA. And add to that, I have absolutel NO interest, want or desire to do quilting for others! However, Jan's Sweet 16 is getting my attention which is basically a LA, just you sit down! That being said, I don't think I can justify the $ for just a quilting machine. I'm kind of thinking that surely the other companies will come out with a bigger throat yet still do the other things in order to compete and satisfy the needs of a large portion of the quilting population.

I know I could jump to the 7700, though am hesitant, as I thought the 6600 had so much space ... and would I only be happy with the 7700 for a short time and want even more space! Interestingly enough the Dad of the dealership talked me out of that idea! And too, he even took me away from thinking of a Bernina 820 this summer. When things settle and I have my "brain" in the right mode, I will go in this winter and sit and test drive. And now with all the other discussions, I might do a tour of other dealers and makes for comparison .... of course, that's IF they should get them in stock! I must admit, it kind of sends off bells ringing and red flags as to how committed they are, if they don't keep all in stock, all the time!

So MiraB ... what about the more space saving type like Jan's?
Lucky daughter ... and glad you are claiming one of the quilts for yourself!

QNSue ... what type of machine is the one you have your eye on, across the way?