View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 PM
jbud2

we went on Friday - it is advertised as a 3-day event. Over half the vendors weren't there yet - and some were just setting up. I talked to one vendor and he said he tried calling the number listed online and it takes forever and many calls to get an answer. I was surprised he was there but he said his wife wanted to try the show out. we walked over to the "official" visitor's center and it was closed! We left after we checked the few stands out and stopped at a local eatery. The waitress told us "its' not like it used to be" but it always used to be like a big family reunion. Found out there was a parade on Saturday, and most of the events have to do with crowning a Queen. We decided to skip the show on Friday and drive an hour and a half east to Sullivan County's Fall Fest and Lumberjack competition. We both really enjoyed this day! Lots of crafts and one whole building was set up with quilts, a 'quilting bee' and just lots to see. My husband even enjoyed looking! The Lumberjack competition was very interesting too - something we hadn't seen before. The craft vendors were happy - one said it was the biggest crowd he's ever seen there - and the food vendors were selling out of food! And they had Sunday to get thru yet. It was a nice sunny fall day to be outside.