View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
fleurdelisquilts.com

Default Current project?

I'm sure someone has this thread going, but I couldn't find a current one. I'm working on a memory quilt for a customer. Since her daughter is moving away to her first "grown up" job, she wants a quilt with photos of the daughter growing up and with other family members. Scanning and printing them onto the printer fabric was fairly easy. She wanted the photos in b&w or sepia only. After printing I cut the photos apart and stitiched a black frame around each. I'm at the point of sewing the photos onto the background fabric, an off-white muslin. The math is killing me! The photos are different sizes so I grouped them together and am having fits figuring out the dimensions of the muslin pieces. I'm able to do it but, goodness, I wish it didn't make my brain hurt so. I can't wait to get past this part and begin the fun quilting.

One photo is a pic of the transfer fabric that I used. After printing I had to iron it to fabric, so I chose a white muslin. I wanted something thin (the transfer fabric is quite thick) and white because the white parts of the photos allow whatever is behind to show through.

What WIP are you working on and what part of quilting makes your brain hurt (or at least annoys you a bit)?
Attached Thumbnails dscn1794.jpg   dscn1797.jpg   dscn1798.jpg