View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:33 PM
nlpakk

Originally Posted by alberta quilter View Post
I get the Connecting Threads catalogue and also their emails. They carry beautiful fabrics. I'm confused as to why their prices are so much lower than all other designer fabric. Is the cotton inferior? I have ordered and it seems to be good quality. Does anyone have insight on this? I'm also wondering if you have used their thread for machine quilting? Does it compare to well known brands? Thanks.
I have read all nine pages and have not found any negative comments about the thread other than it is linty which I agree with. I love the thread too but it does not work on my newer Pfaff (2034). It sews just fine with my other two older machines. I also have trouble with C & C thread in it too. It will sew for a few inches and be fine but then messes up, like it might be the tension. I have adjusted, and adjusted the tension and it still does the same thing but if I put Gutermann or some other higher quality thread in it, it sews just fine, continuously. I have bought their fabric and thought it was very good, kind of a silky feel to it and you sure can't beat the price.