Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 PM
irishrose

meanmom, I think we covered cheat days in July and August. If you don't have a cheat day, your body goes into starvation mode and needs fewer calories so it defeats the purpose of reducing calories. A weekly cheat day convinces my body that I am not starving and can safely cut calories the other six days. It doesn't mean a binge - just 1800 - 2000 calories if you are eating 1400.

Sugar (in moderation) is not my enemy. I do not have any blood sugar problems. Chemicals (MSG and Nutrasweet especially) and gluten are my enemies. I would bloat up and gain weight with any of those, in addition to many other problems. The first step to good health is to know your own body. Right now mine is saying it needs a nap.

noveltyjunkie, the cookies I 'needed' weren't for me. Some were for a funeral luncheon this afternoon and some for a hymn sing tonight. I ate cheese, grapes and apple slices at the luncheon. Then chicken and olives when I came home so I really need some vegetables next.

Have a good evening. I am going to get wet walking the dogs, but they need to get out.