View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Fran Foss View Post
Hi
You girls seem to know everything about everything so, here is a question for you. Can pecan pie be frozen????
I just got alot of pecans from my sister and would like to make pies but, unless I can freeze them even one pie would be too much for me.
Thanks my intelligent friends
I haven't frozen pecan pie (probably my favorite pie) but I freeze nuts all the time. I prefer to buy them in large quantities when they are on sale during the holiday times and then freeze them for use throughout the year.

I make baklava during Christmas which calls for 4 cups of finely chopped walnuts and 3 cups of finely chopped pecans. A few times I have chopped and measured the nuts and frozen them in large ziplocks so when I am ready to make a batch that part of the process is done. This works well.

Last year I froze some baklava after I baked and cut it up. It only stayed in the freezer for about 3 weeks and tasted fine when we ate it. I will try to keep it in the freezer for a longer period of time this year. It would be nice to make it ahead before the holiday rush and still have it on hand for gift giving at Christmas.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 10-14-2012 at 03:49 PM.