Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Quilt-T

It is sad to see everything coming to a close here. There has been so much history that has taken place here.

I have been gathering fabric for the exact reason you said. I am hoping to have fabric when we get back Stateside in case I am not close to a fabric or quilt shop. I do a ton of dreaming about quilts, especially during my lunch break at work. It really doesn't help that I am just 2 bldgs down from the craft store on base!! I get easy access to when the sales happen since they open 20 minutes before my break!! A few valor quilts before we leave in July is my goal. I was hoping to have 1 or 2 done for Christmas, but I'd have to shake off my rut to accomplish this!! But with determined focus I think it can be done. Thanks for the push!
God bless!!
Tanya

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I'm sorry to hear the Heidleberg base is closing....it is a memory from my time in Germany associated with the military decades ago.

But in reference to your "problem", you will be so happy you have all that fabric when you PCS elsewhere, even stateside! Sometimes just dreaming about making quilts is enough for the time being. If you do go on with valor quilts, Landstuhl is a great place for them (that's where we used to shop when we lived near Kaiserlautern). You might google "images of modern quilts" for some wonderful looking quilts that will be easier to make but still graphic and appealing for wounded warriors, male or female.

Bless you for your service!!

Jan in VA