Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
Good luck cleaning them!! You can do it!!
So far so,.. uhm... well.

I was reassembling the bobbin winder for a 128 and the body of the winder fell apart in my hand! Then the same machine had an almost seized motor with wiring needing to be redone, and there are 2 screws missing from the knee bar controller that weren't at the beginning of the day. This is a machine that at first glance was in good shape. I robbed a motor from one of the other machines that's starting to look like a parts machine, so it's up and running, but can't wind bobbins.

I don't think I've ever had a day like that. Good grief! Now I have to decide if I want to try to JB weld the piece that broke, or find one to order from somewhere. The only one I've seen is pretty rough compared to this one, but I think once there's JB weld on this one, it'll trump rough. *sigh*

I just have to remember that tomorrow -has- to be better, right?
Please, please say yes.....

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I no longer pull off the piggy nose - too much work... I'm glad you got it working better. I have one the sounded really funny - it had about a teaspoon of oil inside the balance wheel. - I got it out but had to leave so never tested it. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance.
Boy, you're not kidding. I think for the most part a Q-Tip and Oxy would do almost as good a job as the removal, and not nearly as much time.

I may get a chance to try it out tomorrow. I have "Sewing Circle" and as the "sewing machine rescue girl", I should probably sew, since I haven't for the last 2 classes. I have a list of projects I want to do as long as my arm, all things to teach me to quilt on a small scale, but can't decide where to start.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get SM oil into the balance wheel. I'd love to see a pic of that.