Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM
ArchaicArcane

I just about finished my collection this weekend. There was an ad for a 221 and a 222 for $500 believe it or not, and it had been there since August. The 222 needed a motor, and they had to go as a pair. Typically here a 222 will go for anywhere between $800 and $1200. I emailed her and she said she still had it but had the flu, could I wait til the weekend. I replied that I could and gave her my availability, and told her we'd take the machines as soon as she was feeling better.

I didn't hear from her by Friday so I emailed again to see if she was better, and when we could meet on the weekend, and she replied that the machines were sold. I keep feeling like I messed that up somehow.

Yes! Kids take up a lot of space, and toilet paper, I can't figure that one out. Since our daughter moved out, we always have toilet paper, the house needs to be cleaned half to a third as often, and I have a sewing (machine) room.

How did the reveal go?

Hah! That's great! And better still that you don't have to do the stripping.

I found that little FW that I've been using for pictures for you for $100. The guy advertised it as a "Small Singer sewing machine" not a featherweight. He had trouble selling it because it was being sold for a friend and he couldn't negotiate on the price. I recognized it from a 1" wide picture and called him for it. When I got there, it was not able to sew, there was probably 10 ft of thread behind the bobbin case. I was stunned. I had no idea you could get that much back there. I showed the guy tons about the machine, and he gave me $5 off for the chat.

Pink's not really my color, but if it gets the butterfly, I'd sure like to see it! I like that style of painting, and I think it would look really interesting on a featherweight...